A spirulina detox is a natural way to cleanse your body of toxins in a short time. It’s a very effective way to rid the body of harmful parasites, bacteria and viruses.
What makes this detox so powerful? Spirulina contains chlorophyll which is used for “detoxification” by helping remove toxins such as heavy metals and other pollutants from the blood.
Other Benefits to Adding Spirulina into Your Daily Diet
Ten great reasons to include spirulina as part of a healthy lifestyle, whether you choose to detox or not:
1. Spirulina is known to be alkalizing to the body, which boosts liver function, a necessary element while detoxing.
2. Spirulina contains chlorophyll which is used for “detoxification” by helping remove toxins such as heavy metals and other pollutants from the blood.
3. Spirulina is often alternated with chlorella for detoxifying the body.
4. Spirulina is high in B-vitamins: vitamins B-1 (thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3 (nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid).
5. Spirulina is high in other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, and selenium.
6. Dried spirulina contains 8 mg calcium per 1 Tablespoon serving, which is more than raw spirulina.
7. Spirulina is rich in protein. In fact, amino acids make up 62% of spirulina and provide 4 grams per 1 Tablespoon.
8. Spirulina contains gamma linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid. The only other place it is found is in a mother’s breastmilk. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties especially when taken with other quality Omega-3 supplements.
9. Spirulina has potent antioxidant activity, particularly phycocyanin and beta carotene—antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage.
10. The very high concentration of bioavailable iron makes it excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia.
How to Detox with a Spirulina Cleanse
- First of all, you must use organic spirulina to make sure you are getting the best possible benefits from it.
- During the cleanse it is necessary to consume as much water as possible in order to help flush out the parasites.
- Think of Spirulina as your daily green multivitamin. You can mix it into a smoothie, add it to soup, or mix it into water and drink it straight, though many people have trouble with this
Organic Spirulina Powder:
Living Traditionally Spirulina is a great source of highly usable and digestible Proteins and 9 essential Amino Acids. Good for vegetarians, vegans and athletes (increases endurance and muscle strength). Provides the essential fatty acid GLA. High in Omega’s 3, 6, and 9!
Spirulina Powder contains very high levels of B vitamins (including B1, B2 and B9) also vitamins C, D and E. Contains a very absorb-able form of Iron (great for vegetarians and vegans).
ORAC over 24,000 (4X that of blueberries). Reduces free radical damage and exercise induced oxidation leading to more muscle building and less fatigue. Higher endurance levels make workouts more productive leading to increased weight loss. Works as heavy metal detox agent (arsenic levels drastically reduced in tests). Provides beta-carotene and chlorophyll
Spirulina helps treat Candida and Yeast infections. Candida is a hallmark of autoimmune disease. Helps prevent leaky gut syndrome. Reduces acidity in the gut and helps lower risk of infection. Increases immunity and energy levels!